Monday, February 11, 2008

The Visit







Stephen and Walker came to visit and we had a WONDERFUL time! We went to the zoo which is a very impressive zoo with many exhibits. We only made it through two b/c it was so large. Fortunately, it was indoors b/c the temps were in the teens. My friend Pam reminded me that it is all relative since last week it was -27 in Alaska where she lives....YIKES now that is COLD! The zoo tickets were given to me by a fellow patient at radiation. I have really been blown away by everyones' kindness toward me and my family....

Along those lines, I need to do some shout outs for care packages to Mickey and Mike and all the things they like :) Judy and Mike Adams for all their favorites too....too many to list. And Sarah for delicious cookies, candy and magazines! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting packages in the mail. It feels like Christmas all over again. Thanks for thinking of me and taking time out of your busy schedules to put together packages with such attention to detail.

Tomorrow is the big day and Mickey will likely send the update in the evening. I have the PET at 9 am and an appointment with the doctor at 4:30 pm central time...so the results will be late. I've had a minor setback that might cost me some days. I have esophigitis from the radiation (like a sore throat except in my chest). Dr. Armitage is likely to delay the transplant by a few days...we will know more tomorrow....

No comments: