Sunday, February 17, 2008

BEAM Me UP

BEAM is the acronym for my club chemo cocktail of the week. So far, not so bad. I get 2 treatments per day at about 3 hours each session. My esosphogitis is being managed with pain medication so I'm still getting calories :)

The rest of my treatment goes like this: The counting of my days starts with a -6. It is Sunday and I'm officially on -3. On Wednesday I will be on day 0 which is the day my stem cells will be replaced back into my system. Then the waiting begins. According to the doctors the going gets pretty tough once the cells are back in my system. This is reason they will watch me for 10-14 days in patient and then another 10 days outpatient (but still in NE). The next PET will be at 100 days from transplant, so I will go home hoping and praying that this has worked.

No comments: