Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finally...a Friendly PET

Today was big b/c we got the PET results that would determine if I am eligible for the stem cell transplant....and, I am. YIPEE!!! It is hard to believe that one would get excited about getting a stem cell transplant, but I am. The uptake went from a high nine to a low seven which is a nice improvement particularly since I am only a week out from radiation.

We do have a slight delay due to my esophigitis. I will have an endoscopy in the morning to be sure that I don't have a bigger problem. Assuming that the results from tomorrow's test continue with the same positive momentum as we had from the PET, I will be admitted to the co-op on Thursday to begin the transplant.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support...clearly it works!!!!

PS-Stephen and Walker had a safe trip home. Walker was very excited to get back to school and tell his friends all about his trip to the zoo :) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Laurel we are so happy that the scan showed improvement, praying that the test is positive today as well and the transplant can go forward. We are praying that all goes well and smoothly and for a complete healing... We love you!!
Sean, Michele, Hannah, and Emma