Thursday, January 31, 2008

No News can be Good News

I'm more than 1/2 way through my radiation treatment so we had a meeting to see how things were going. There was no apparent change in the tumor. This is not completely unexpected. We had hoped for some shrinkage, but no growth is a good thing! Dr. Enke will do another CT at the end of treatment but is not expecting anything dramatic to show up. The really good news is that Dr. Enke said most often lymphoma will be PET negative after doing two-a-days like I've been doing. This was great news to me!

We also met with Dr. Armitage. I feel bad for him b/c he continues to be the one who has to break the bad news to me. First, my counts are pretty low and if they dip further they may have to stop radiation. If my counts cooperate and I continue down this current path, then he has had to add a week so that he can take a look at the PET to be sure I am eligible for transplant (basically that I have not worsened). This delay means that it will be at least one week longer before I can go home. We have planned two family visits that have been cancelled b/c Walker has been sick first with a cold now with a stomach bug and ear infection. We are going to try again next week which will be my last chance before the transplant.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, letters, flowers, food and overall support. I really don't know how we could get through this without all of our great friends and family. Lots of love to all of you...Laurel

No comments: