Monday, January 21, 2008

You reap what you sow...

Well I had no idea that I had been "sow'n" some stem cells, but according to our harvest...that is exactly what I have been doing! Stem cell harvest usually takes 4 days on average and rarely do they see someone finish in the first session. When I got the call today, Jo said I "rocked the stem cell harvest" and my numbers were at the top of their goal. This is great news for several reasons.... I will not have to sit hooked to the apherisis machine for 3 more days, I do not need any more growth factor shots (so no more bone pain or the pain killers that go with it), I will start radiation sooner, and most importantly....I will go HOME sooner!!! YIPEEEE!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Tremendous news, Laurel -- you go girl! Sarah

michael | buttons of hope said...

good news is good news. less pain and home sooner two pretty good things. stay strong! michael

Kathy Bangle said...

You go girl. Keep fighting and working hard. We are praying for you all the time. Please let us know if we can help you in any way here in Athens. Love you - Kathy

Don Nelson said...

At the risk of sounding redundant, YGG! Keep up the productive work and get yourself back home soon. DLN

Mickey said...

Cool news....have fun with the family this weekend. We miss you and keep us posted!

Mick, Harry & Harrison!