Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boot Straps...

Thank God for boot straps b/c Team Alberty sure has needed them a lot lately! We received some less than pleasant news from the PET as you may have realized from Mickey's email update, but we still have a plan. As a financial planner (and a control freak) this plan brings me much comfort :)

We have started the initial phase of the stem cell process. They will begin harvesting cells on Monday. I will begin aggressive radiation therapy on the following Monday for two weeks. After the first week of radiation they will check to see if it is working.....it IS going to work this time!!!! Then, on with the chemo phase of the stem cell transplant...and finally the transplant. Then a brief recovery and then HOME!!!

OK, so it has been a while since I have given my family a shout out. First, to my husband who has remained a ROCK for me and Walker throughout this process. Also to my parents who have offered endless support in too many ways to list! It is a true blessing to see how family and friends can rally in support during a crisis. I am humbled and grateful :)

A mention about the weather...it seems that you all are getting some cold snow too...we had -5 today (not windchill). Fortunately, I am spending most the time inside only getting in and out the shuttle and have not really felt the cold yet. The snow is so pretty. I enjoy looking at it from the warmth of the hotel restaurant with a cup of coffee in my hands.

Lastly, today is a really good day! Even though we got some tough news we are still finding a way to stay positive. My radiation oncologist is WONDERFUL! And, I have every confidence that he is going to make this work.

No comments: