Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Long Haul

I'm headed for NE on Monday (1/14). My worst case return date is the end of March a bit longer than we anticipated. As we learned the hard way, the PET can result in a major shift in our plans. The PET and the doctor's appointment is on 1/16. We will initially stay in a hotel then move to the hospital then probably back to the hotel. Mickey will forward contact information and such at a later date.

A HUGE thank you to all of you who worked so hard to find Walker childcare. A special thank you to Mickey for orchestrating the last minute call for help and to Katy who made it easy to return home to Champions for Children and those of you who offered your homes! We did a practice morning on Saturday at Champions and he seems to be very excited.

I am going to have webcam, email, snail mail and my cell phone.....so I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone.

1 comment:

michael | buttons of hope said...

Laurel, Godspeed. My (I am the button guy) hope for you is that this journey makes you whole physically (obviously) but be ready too for some life changing stuff -- with two kids I can't imagine how hard it must be on you and Walker but sounds like your friends have really stepped up -- you will get through this part and thrive. I am curious about the Champions of Children organization!

And this -- I have resuscitated my blog Behind the Button so now if you ever need something to make you sleep --come on pver -- it works like a dream for my wife Rhonda! Take care of YOU now and the rest will take care of itself or as Teddy Roosevelt said...

Do what you can,
With what you have,
Where you are.