Friday, September 21, 2007

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good: PET/CT Scan II

The results of the PET/CT were very good. All spots in question are gone...Yipee!!! There is what they call avidity around the edges of the mass/tumor in my chest. The SUV is 7 and it was 16 on the first PET/CT, so this too is good news. The size of the tumor was inconclusive, but based on my lack of symptoms, I feel certain it is significantly smaller. So, the action plan is to continue as planned 2 more treatments and then possibly radiation...2/3 of the way done!!!

The Bad: Chemo IV

Chemo IV was the pits, but at least I knew for certain it was working. Only two more to go!!

The Ugly: Fat and Bald

Who knew that you could gain weight while having cancer? Leave it to me (and all that fine food that everyone has been making for us!) Well at least I have an appetite and being bald does have perks...I don't have to fix my hair....just choose b/t fun wig, conservative wig, ball cap :)

No comments: