Monday, June 2, 2008

The Woman at the Washington Zoo

The Woman at the Washington Zoo is a compilation of writings by Marjorie Williams. I was instructed by the dear friend who lent me the book to be sure to read section 3 a Cancer Memoir (she is actually known more for her writings on politics). Her thoughts and feelings were so similar to mine that it was a very strange experience to read....as if someone else, years earlier, were writing about me. If you are curious about what it must be like to go through this experience as a relatively young mother, read at your own risk....Marjorie Williams writes brilliantly and proves that all my crazy thoughts and fears are indeed common for those who have this experience. I've tried to blog my gratitude and the medical facts without leaking too much emotion, so I'm cheating and letting Marjorie Williams share the emotions for those who choose to read.

On a lighter note and back to the facts...we are headed to Nebraska next week to get my results. Everyone is optimistic that the news will be good. We should know by Tuesday evening and Mickey will likely send an email update. Rick Hall, if you are reading this, I have lost your contact information....so drop me an email at laurel@albertyfinancial.com when you have a chance :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.