Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Three weeks preceeding treatment

Once I was diagnosed in the ER, I was scanned, poked and prodded every which way to determine the extent of my condition over the next three weeks. It would have been pretty neat to experience modern medicine if it had not been under such scary circumstances:


Saturday: In the ER I had a chest X-Ray and a contrast CT.

Monday: I had a Fine Needle Aspiration biopsy that suggested Diffuse Large Cell B Lymphoma but was considered ultimately inconclusive.

The rest of the time is a blur, so I don't remember the order. But, I had an MRI on my head (all clear), a bone marrow biopsy (also all clear), another biopsy that required surgery to remove a lymph node (this one seemed to confirm the diagnosis), a MUGA to test my heart which was where I thought I had a problem...turned out I had the best reading there, and a PET scan which left some question about my staging. Dr. Vrana seems to feel that I am a stage III.

No comments: